Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Post 1

There is a section in chapter 1 of our book that discusses the reason for technology in education. This section really stood out to me because i immediatly thought of my parents and grandparents....actually just anyone who is a lot older than myself. In the book it says "Educators are beginning to recognize that they must teach students, the future learners and citizens of society, using current technologies so that these students will be comfortable using future technologies. I firmly agree with this statement. I felt that my high school was not as technologically advanced as other schools. I have many friends who still have no idea how to create a powerpoint, which i think is a basic tool on computers. Technology is going to continue to grow and become more advanced, and children need to be able to grow along with it.

I would not say i have any new skills yet with computers, but a new thing for me is the blog. I have never used one before and i really like it. It is definetly a different way to turn in assignments. I think it would be good to use in a classroom because kids like any excuse to get on a computer.

I do not have any interesting information to share right now. I went camping in 30 degree weather this weekend, which i recommend not doing! So needless to say i am feeling under the weather!

1 comment:

jgentile said...

Hurray for cold camping. Wohoo! Good point by the way of thinking of our parents generation.